Over 17 years of nonprofit management experience. Proven accomplishments in fundraising, board management, and resource allocation. Outstanding team leader with a reputation for helping organizations create effective strategic plans and program operations.
- Conducted a planning study for a capital campaign with a recommendation of a $10,000,000 goal (CCS).
- Developed fundraising strategies that have raised over 50% of a $10,000,000 goal in the first six months (CCS).
- Created the Honorable Charles H. Percy Society (Alliance to Save Energy). This was the first major gift program, which resulted in 25 members and an increase of 25% more giving.
- Created Superheroes of the Alliance, (Alliance to Save Energy) an internal workplace giving program that resulted in 70% participation.
- Doubled the number of individuals who advocated on behalf of the Alliance’s policy initiatives.
- Created the Circle of Hope (Catholic Charities Foundation). This was the first major gift program, which resulted in 50 members and an increase of 35% more giving, while achieving a $1 million goal.
- Created and managed the Building Partnership (Catholic Charities Foundation) program and solicited gifts of $25,000 to $250,000 in designated support from corporations.
- Led the quality improvement activities for Catholic Charities Foundation. Identified areas of improvement, planned solutions and built groundwork for accreditation.
- Created and successfully executed a 20th Anniversary fundraiser (SHARE Food Network) which raised over $80,000 in capital funds; the highest amount raised by the organization in 15 years.
- Organized the $150,000 worth of renovations to the SHARE Food Network warehouse.
- Implemented a new finance system which streamlined receivables, orders, payments and inventory into one system, which resulted in improved financial reporting, while also directing a Web presence upgrade to include on-line ordering and brand redesign (SHARE Food Network).
- Led SHARE in creating a new Hispanic mobile outreach program, resulting in 10% increase of sales.
- Recruited and cultivated the Nike Women’s Half Marathon Host Committee, (LLS) a volunteer leadership group which recruited more than 400 participants and is on track to raise over $900,000, an increase of 20% more revenue than the previous year.
CCS – 2015 to present Washington, DC CCS is a worldwide fundraising, development services, and strategic consulting firm
Executive Director - (April 2016- present) Associate Director - (March 2015- March 2016)
Founded in 1947, CCS is dedicated to advancing non-profit organizations through philanthropic growth. For more than six decades, CCS has played a vital role in the expansion and empowerment of the non-profit sector. Headquartered in New York with seven regional offices, the company's projects span the globe in cities and towns throughout North and South America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Continental Europe, Africa and Asia.
The John F Kennedy Center for Performing Arts- 2014 - 2015 Washington, DC The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is America's National Cultural Center.
Capital Campaign Senior Specialist
- Identify and develop new prospects as well as information pertinent to current prospects, donors, trends, philanthropy, and education.
- Work on special campaign-related projects, assigned by the Vice President of Development and Director of Individual Giving, for a $175 million capital campaign.
- Consult on strategies, collateral materials, and solicitations.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society– 2013 to 2014 Alexandria, VA The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world’s largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
Campaign Director Team In Training
Senior leader responsible for corporate sponsorship, and individual participation throughout three sports with over 20 events throughout the year.
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, training and motivating the fundraising campaign staff of five team members in the successful delivery of Team In Training events and program.
- Develop a comprehensive fundraising plan for Team In Training which includes fundraising goals and plans to achieve success.
Alliance to Save Energy – 2011 to 2013 Washington, DC The Alliance to Save Energy is a non-profit organization that promotes energy efficiency worldwide through research, education, and advocacy.
Senior Manager Executive Relations
- Senior leader responsible for corporate, board members and individual giving as it relates to the undesignated support of the organization.
- Lead an expansion of the Alliance Associate portfolio through recruitment of new members. Work collaboratively with other development staff to set and track fundraising goals for the organization.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington- 2005-2011 Washington, DC A social service provider with over 63 programs working in 48 locations across the District of Columbia and the surrounding Maryland counties served more than 126,000 men, women and children of all economic, religious and social backgrounds.
SHARE Food Network Hyattsville, MD SHARE is a food distribution program within Catholic Charities that provides affordable, nutritious groceries each month that are sold through volunteer-run locations throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Director - (2007 to 2011)
- Responsible for operations and strategic direction of a $3 million food program of Catholic Charities, serving over 325 community partner agencies.
- Managed a paid staff of 14 people and a volunteer force of 500.
- Participated in a Leader Development Program sponsored by Catholic Charities.
Catholic Charities Foundation Washington, DC Catholic Charities Foundation secures financial resources for the programs, operations, and endowment of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, DC.
Major Gifts Officer - (2005 to 2007)
- Managed Board of Directors-giving program, regularly achieving 100% participation.
- Assisted the Executive Director with Board of Directors communications including research, solicitation and strategy on reaching department goals.
Loyola University Maryland - 2004 to 2005 Baltimore, MD Loyola University Maryland is a Jesuit, Catholic university committed to the educational and spiritual traditions of the Society of Jesus and the development of the whole person.
Assistant Director, Special Gifts
- Solicited gifts of $1,000 to $100,000 in undesignated support for the alumni capital campaign, Preparing Tomorrow, resulting in a 10% increase in giving.
- Cultivated selected prospects for The John Early Society; Loyola College’s distinguished donors.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts- 1999-2004 Washington, DC The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is America's National Cultural Center.
Assistant Manager, Major Gifts, Endowment and Planned Giving – (2003 to 2004)
- Personally secured a gift for $250,000.
- Wrote solicitations for annual major gifts of $25,000+.
- Assisted in the creation of the Kennedy Center Washington Committee for the Arts, a 30-member donor committee who each committed at least $15,000 a year to undesignated support of the Kennedy Center.
Administrative Coordinator of Development - (2002 to 2003) Advertising Production/Traffic Coordinator - (2000 to 2002) Press Intern - (1999-2000)
Organizational Development Budgeting Board Development
Strategic Planning Payables & Receivables Solicitations
System Designs and Implementation Revenue Reporting Program Management
Research Communications Microsoft Office proficiency
Branding Redesign Raiser’s Edge Microsoft Great Plains
Convio Luminate Online Salesforce Volunteer Management
Leadership Development Personnel Management Event Planning
Xavier University Cincinnati, OH
Bachelor of Arts, May 1998
Major: Communications with a concentration in Electronic Media
Minor: Performance Studies
- First recipient of the Father Gilbert Hartke Memorial Leadership Scholarship 1994-199
- Vice President, Student Government Association, 1998
- Senator, Student Government Association, Finance Committee, 1997
- President, Xavier Theater Department 1995-1997
- Member of Association of Fundraising Professionals
CrossFit Marathon Runner (Half) Basketball Soccer Softball Tennis US Presidential History Volunteer (Leukemia & Lymphoma Society) Photograpghy